You’re not alone if you’re afraid to sell.
Being afraid to sell is something that impacts nearly everybody, whether they have the word “sales” in their title or not.
Here are 7 techniques you can use to overcome the fear of selling:
1. Don’t set goals you can’t achieve.
By setting goals that stretch you, but are achievable, you will increase your confidence.
2. Remember that you’re not “selling;” you’re having a discussion.
Each time you meet with someone, you’re having a conversation, with the idea being to gain another insight you can help them with.
3. Your role is to help the people you meet, and one of the best ways you can help them is by having them buy what you offer.
4. Remember, people are far more interested in you than they are in what it is you have for them.
This makes it no different than when two people meet for the first time.
5. At the end of each week, celebrate your success regardless of what it is.
Don’t allow yourself to go into a weekend feeling bad. By celebrating your success, you’ll be in a better mood to start the next week.
6. During each conversation you have with a person, learn one new piece of information you can then use to start the next conversation with them.
7. Earn the right, privilege, honor and respect to meet again with each person you come in contact with.
With an objective like that how can you not be successful? The positive impact you will have on each person will pay off, not just today, but also tomorrow.
Yes, these are 7 things you can do right now to help you overcome the fear of selling! The real question is, “Will you do them?”